Dry Sandford Pit Nature ReserveParks & Walks
- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
Dry Sandford Pit is a nature reserve just outside Abingdon.
It is about a 25-minute walk from Bicester – perfect if you don’t want to go too far, especially with little ones!
Beautiful walk with views of small caves, cliff face and little hills that are easy to climb
There is also a stream that is easily accessible and a little pond too
- Address: Cothill Rd, Dry Sandford, Abingdon OX13 6JW
- Free car park available but it is quite small
- No toilets on site
- No refreshments but a pub in the nearby village
- Picnics possible but not the most ideal conditions
- Buggy accessible in parts but terrain will be uneven and muddy (perhaps consider a baby carrier)
- Dogs allowed